BEVERLY, Mass. – The Becker College football team lost 38-0 at Endicott College on Saturday at Hempstead Stadium.
Endicott Sophomore quarterback Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) threw for three touchdowns (14-for-25, two interceptions, 124 yards), while Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.) caught two touchdowns on three catches (31 yards) to lead the Gulls. Wiggins also hauled in a TD catch for 18 yards, and compiled 95 yards total (61 rushing, 34 receiving) to highlight the rest of Endicott's efforts.
• Shanley put the Gulls on the scoreboard first with an eight-yard TD in the right corner of the end zone at 6:29 of the second quarter on a tipped pass.
• John Glaser (East Moriches, N.Y.) followed with a 25-yard field with eight seconds remaining in the half before, Wiggins and Shanley produced back-to-back 18-yard scores through the air in the third (3:45, 17-0 lead) and fourth (10:02, 24-0 lead) quarters, respectively.
• Glaser finished with eight points total (one field goal, five extra points) and also compiled 354 yards on kickoffs (seven attempts, 50.6 average).
• Meanwhile, Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) made it 31-0 with 6:22 to play in the game with a one-yard plunge, while Spencer Burton (Waltham, Mass.) capped off the scoring with a 25-yard scamper with 42-seconds left on the clock.
• The Gulls outgained Becker, 340-37.
• Defensively, Endicott only allowed two first downs, two passing yards, and 35 rushing yards. The Gulls also held the Hawks 0-for-11 in third down conversions.
• Paige collected a team-high nine tackles (one solo, eight assisted, 1.5 TFL), and forced one fumble.
• Dave DiMare (Reading, Mass.) and Kevin O'Brien (Braintree, Mass.) tied for second on the team in tackles apiece. O'Brien also blocked a punt, while DiMare forced one fumble.
• Allen Gibson (Seymour, Conn.) and Filonow rounded out the list of forced turnovers for the Gulls with a forced fumble and interception, respectively. Gibson ended the day with three tackles, including a nine-yard sack.
• Endicott's last shutout came against Nichols at home on September 24, 2016 (37-0 win).
• David Collins (Staten Island, N.Y.) rushed for a team-high 31 yards.
• Michael Bianco (Manorville, N.Y.) posted a game-high 14 tackles (three solo, 11 assisted, 1.0 TFL).
• Daniel Whittenburg (Eastford, Conn.) had 10 tackles (four solo, six assisted, 1.0 TFL).
• Angel Flores (Azusa, Calif.) and Shahiem Wilson (Naples, Fla.) picked off one pass each.
Endicott's season comes to a close at 3-7 overall/2-3 CCC Football, while Becker's wraps up at 1-9 overall/1-4 CCC Football.