LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College men's tennis team advanced to the New England Collegiate Conference Tournament Finals on Sunday afternoon at the Leicester M.S. Tennis Courts with an 8-1 victory over visiting Lesley University in the semifinals.
The Hawks of Becker head into the Championship round with an overall record of 5-5 while the Lynx of Lesley conclude their season at 3-8.
Becker seniors Aaron Peterson (San Diego, Calif. / Scripps) and Connor Allison (Hillsboro, Ore. / Hillsboro) led the way for the Hawks, winning at number one doubles, 8-3. Peterson later prevailed at number one singles, 6-2, 6-1 while Allison was a 6-1, 6-4 winning at number three singles. Junior Thomas Lanphear (Manchester, Maine / Maranacook) won the tightest match of the day, winning a tie-breaker at number four singles, 6-2, 2-6, 10-2.
Lesley junior Max Anthony (Boston, Mass. / Boston Arts Academy) won at number five singles, 6-2, 6-3.
The Becker Hawks will play at Regis College in the NECC Finals on Monday at 5:00 p.m.
1. Aaron Peterson (BCMT) def. Niko Marcolini (LUMT) 6-2, 6-1
2. T. Chinpanjapol (BCMT) def. Beowulf Urban (LUMT) 6-1, 6-1
3. Connor Allison (BCMT) def. Evan McDermod (LUMT) 6-1, 6-4
4. Thomas Lanphear (BCMT) def. Patrick Corcoran (LUMT) 6-2, 2-6, 10-2
5. Max Anthony (LUMT) def. Edward Seol (BCMT) 6-2, 6-3
6. Christopher Negus (BCMT) def. Evan Zona (LUMT) 6-4, 6-3
2. T. Chinpanjapol/Thomas Nourie (BCMT) def. Patrick Corcoran/Evan Flaherty (LUMT) 8-4
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics