MARLBOROUGH, Mass. – The Becker women's ice hockey team used a team effort to get their first win of the 2018-19 season on Tuesday, as they shutout the Anna Maria AMCATS 7-0.
December 4, 2018
New England Sports Center
Score: Becker 7, Anna Maria 0
Records: Becker (1-9-2) | Anna Maria (1-8-0)
Becker got off to a quick start as they scored three goals in the first six minutes of the game. Claudia Gee (Randolph, Vt.) had the first goal on helpers from Clare Conway (Billerica, Mass.) and Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass.). Catherine McShera (Marston Mills, Mass.) had the second on an assist from Brittany Aiello (Franklin Park, Ill.), and then Sarah McSweeney (Chandler, Ariz.) put one past Anna Maria's goaltender in the sixth minute on assists from Kelly and Anastasia Thompson (Riverside, Calif.). With just over five minutes to go in the first, Gee added in her second goal of the game to set the score at 4-0 heading into the first break. Becker outshot the hosts 20-3 in the first period.
Becker's Cameron Payne (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) added a tally 1:26 into the second period to progress the score to 5-0. The Hawks outshot the AMCATS, 13-5 in the second.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Gee finished the game with two points on two goals.
- Aiello and Kelly also recorded two points on the game as they each had two assists apiece.
- In total, Becker outshot Anna Maria 50-11.
- Becker's Madison Rigsby (O'Fallon, Mo.) earned the win in net, stopping all 11 shots on goal for the shutout.
- Anna Maria's Gabrielle Gibson (Anchorage, Alaska) suffered her third loss of the year in a 43-save performance.
- Conway won 13-of-15 faceoffs, while Payne won 11-of-16.
The Hawks wrap up December play on Saturday (Dec. 8) as they will entertain Colby in a 7:10 p.m. matchup at the Worcester Ice Center.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS