BEVERLY, Mass. – The Gulls of Endicott College put up 35 points in the second quarter alone to soar past the Hawks of Becker College 58-12 in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) football season opener Saturday afternoon.
September 28, 2019
Score: Endicott 58, Becker 12
Records: Endicott (3-1, 1-0 CCCF) | Becker (2-2, 0-1 CCCF)
On the Gulls' first offensive play of the game, quarterback Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) threw a 22-yard pass to Justin McEwen (Meriden, Conn.) to get on Becker's side of the grid. The Hawks had a chance to take the ball back with an interception from Emilio Muniz (Meriden, Conn.), but a penalty put the ball back in the Gulls hands at the Becker 18-yard line. After an incomplete pass, Kalosky found the hands of Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.) for an 18-yard touchdown. A good kick from Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.) gave Endicott the 7-0 lead.
The second quarter featured five Endicott touchdowns which extended their lead to 42. Two touchdowns were scored on passes to Ryan Nelson (Mendon, Mass.) and Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.), two were on runs from Anthony Whiteley (Pittsfield, Mass.) and Dylan Bonfilio (Burlington, Mass.), and the other was a 59-yard punt return for a touchdown from Anthony Bracamonte (Saco, Maine). Becker reached the board with just 20 seconds to go in the second on a five-yard rushing touchdown from rookie running back, Randy Morgan (Spring Hill, Fla.). On this drive, the Hawks received the ball on their 35-yard line. On a 3rd and three, Morgan rushed for 11 yards to get the first down. On the ensuing play, Mac Kimball (Bow, N.H.) connected with Timothy Williamson (Brooklyn, N.Y.) on a 42-yard pass to get the Hawks at the Endicott five-yard line, which is where Morgan rushed to the end zone for the touchdown. The Gulls led 42-6 at the half.
Endicott added to their lead in the third as they put up points on a team safety, and another Whiteley run. The Gulls led 51-6 at the end of the third quarter.
Becker started the fourth with a score from David Collins (Staten Island, N.Y.). Endicott added their last touchdown of the day mid-way through the last quarter with a 22-yard run from Greg Ruff (Saco, Maine). The score concluded at 58-12.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Collins reached 1,000 career rushing yards today, as he handled the Hawks share of carries, rushing 23 times for a career-high 114 yards. He now has 1,103 career rushing yards which stands at 4th overall in the Becker College record book.
- Morgan finished the game with 68 rushing yards on 18 carries, and a touchdown.
- Kimball completed one 42-yard pass at the quarterback position for the Hawks in the setback.
- Robert Pellerin (Gorham, Maine) punted five times for a total of 141 yards, averaging 28.2 yards per punt. His longest of the day was a 37-yarder.
- Rookie Nate Oliver (Dartmouth, Mass.) had four tackles (three solo, one assisted), a tackle for a loss, a fumble recovery, and an interception.
- Jaylen Da Cruz (Providence, R.I.) was the team-leader in tackles with five (three solo, two assisted).
FOR THE GULLS
- Kalosky completed 23-of-30 (76.7%) of his passes, totaling 255 passing yards at the quarterback position. He averaged eight yards per pass play.
- McEwen had the most catches for the Gulls with six for a total of 76 yards. DeNike followed with 51 yards, while Shea McManaway (Lisbon, Conn.) had 42. As a team, Endicott totaled 174 rushing yards.
- Chandler Greene (Norwalk, Conn.) led the Gulls in rushing yards with 68 on six attempts.
- DiCairano went 7-for-7 on extra point attempts.
- Bracamonte had one punt return for a touchdown (59 yards).
- James Lewis (New Fairfield, Conn.) led Endicott in tackles with seven (two solo, five assisted). He also had 1.5 tackles for a loss of eight yards.
- Jackson DeAngelo (North Reading, Mass.) had one sack for a loss of 14 yards.
Becker returns home next Saturday (Oct. 5) and will host Husson in a 12 noon homecoming game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS