FRANKLIN, Mass. – Hawks sophomore Emily Iacovelli (Northbridge, Mass.) shattered offensive records for the Becker Hawks program, scoring seven goals with one assist for 15 points on Tuesday's 13-0 win over the Dean Bulldogs in New England Collegiate Conference play.
October 15, 2019
Score: Becker 13 – Dean 0
Records: The Becker College Hawks 6-7 (1-2 NECC) | The Dean College Bulldogs 1-11 (0-3 NECC)
Iacovelli wasted little time getting Becker on the board, netting her first two of the afternoon in the opening eight minutes.
Iacovelli opened the scoring with some creative stick handling through the Bulldogs defense before giving the Hawks a 2-0 lead on a one-timer from short range.
Sophomore Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass.) broke through next for one of her four goals on the day. With time running low in the first quarter, Kelly scored from short range to give Becker a 3-0 lead.
The Hawks would add four goals in the second quarter with two by Iacovelli, one by Kelly, and one by senior Lauren Niemann (Bay Shore, N.Y.) to take a 7-0 lead to the half.
Coming out of the half, Iacovelli and Kelly would split the next four Hawk tallies, giving Iacovelli five goals and Kelly four goals, as the Becker advantage stretched to 11-0.
Senior Jocelyn Lebel (North Grafton, Mass.) found the scoresheet early in the fourth quarter and Iacovelli rounded out the scoring in the 13-0 victory.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Iacovelli's seven goals and 15 points are both program records.
- Kelly added three assists to her four goals for nine total points; a new career-high
- Seniors Amy Cooper (Monument, Colo.) and Katherine Bernier (Dudley, Mass.) and junior Abigail Leahy (Charlton, Mass.) all added at least one assist. Cooper finished with a pair of helpers.
- The 13-0 win is the second-largest margin of victory in program history.
- Sophomore Baileigh Griese (Woodstock, N.Y.) moves to 6-7 with the win, earning her second career shutout.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Freshman goalie Alexis Masse (Woodstock, R.I.) made a career-high 28 saves.
The Hawks are back on the road Thursday for a non-conference match against Clark at 7:00 p.m. Dean presses on with a NECC game at Husson on Saturday at 6:00 p.m.