WORCESTER – Cougars freshman Kerry Lefebvre (Freepoint, Maine) notched her second career hat trick, leading the Clark university offense to a 7-1 win over the Becker Hawks on Thursday evening in non-conference play.
October 17, 2019
Score: Clark 7 – Becker 1
Records: The Becker College Hawks 6-8 | The Clark University Cougars 8-6
Lefebvre struck for her first of the night on a rebound on a shot by junior Cheyanne Zappala (Laconia, N.H.), giving the Cougars a 2-0 lead.
The Cougars took a 3-0 lead into halftime and Lefebvre struck again 3:32 into the third quarter for her second of the night.
Lefebvre fired a shot past Hawks sophomore goalie Baileigh Griese (Woodstock, N.Y.) on a 2-on-1 opportunity that gave Clark a 4-0 lead.
Lefebvre capped off her hat trick in the fourth quarter, giving her 12 goals on the season, leading the team.
Becker broke up the shutout in the third quarter on a goal by sophomore Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass.)
Kelly received a pass from senior Amy Cooper (Monument, Colo.) inside the arc and Kelly fired a one-timer past Clark junior Katie Crowley (Bolton, Mass.), which made the score 4-1.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Kelly's score is her ninth goal of the season, adding to her career-high.
- Cooper's assist is her fourth of the season, second-most on the team.
- Griese finished with five saves on the night, falling to 6-8 with the loss.
FOR THE COUGARS
- Junior Carden Maloney (Worcester, Mass.) started the scoring for Clark.
- Junior Chase Collier (Lisbon, Maine), sophomore Kimberlie Asseng (Deerfield, Mass.), and freshman Abigail Cravinho (Bellow Falls, Vt.) each scored for the Cougars.
- Crowley made seven saves, improving to 1-1 this season.
Becker heads back to New England Collegiate Conference play on Saturday, making the trip to Manhattanville for a 1:00 p.m. match. Clark returns to play next week on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with a conference game at Springfield, set for a new time of 4:00 p.m.