HENNIKER, N.H. --- The Becker College men's basketball team lost 93-64 at New England College on Tuesday night at Bridges Gym in Henniker, New Hampshire.
January 15, 2019
Bridges Gym, Henniker, New Hampshire
Score: NEC 93, Becker 64
Records: NEC (12-3, 6-1) | Becker (3-12, 2-4)
FOR THE HAWKS
• Senior guard Kareem Davis (Lowell, Mass. / St. John's) finished with 19 points, five steals and four assists.
• Sophomore Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Penn. / Universal Audenried) finished with 11 points, four rebounds and two steals.
• Sophomore guard Marquis Hawkins (Hartford, Conn. / Aerospace & Engineering) scored nine points off the bench.
• Sophomore forward Mateus Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil / Colegio Pedroso e Oliveira) posted eight points with five rebounds.
FOR THE PILGRIMS
• Jamal Allen led the way for New England College in the scoring column, as the freshman poured in 20 points.
• Jason Jones dominated the paint for the Pilgrims, as the senior pulled down a game-high 13 rebounds.
• Calvin Cheek and Steven Fama each dished out five assists for NEC.
• New England College jumped out to the early 7-0 before Becker College got on the board with a 3-pointer from Kareem Davis, making it 7-3 Pilgrims. With a three-pointer from Mateus Ribeiro with 3:23 remaining in the first half, snapped a 6:37 scoreless streak for the Hawks, NEC went on a 17-0 run during that span.
• In the second half, Becker slowly chipped away at the New England College lead as they turned a 22-point halftime deficit into a 14-point game at the 12-minute marker. NEC pulled away down the stretch as the Pilgrims made nine of their final 10 shots from range, while the Hawks made one of seven.
The Hawks will be back on the court on Thursday when they travel to Elms College for a 7:00 p.m. game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics