OWINGS MILLS, Md. --- The Becker College men's basketball team prevailed 56-53 over McDaniel College on Friday evening in the first game of the Buffalo Wild Wings Classic hosted by Stevenson University in Owings Mills, Maryland.
November 15, 2019
Score: Becker 56, McDaniel 53
Records: The Hawks of Becker 2-1 | The Green Terror of McDaniel 0-1
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker sophomore guard Mekhi Chester (East Orange, N.J. / East Orange Campus) led the Hawks with a career-high 16 points, shooting four of five from behind the arc with four rebounds and two assists.
- Junior forward Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Penn. / Universal Audenried) shot six-of-seven from the floor for 14 points, with four assists and three steals.
- Junior forward Mateus Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil / Colegio Pedroso e Oliveira) filled the stat line with 12 points, seven rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- Sophomore guard Jordan Rose-Wheatley (New Bedford, Mass. / Bridgton Academy) scored 11 points and dished out three assists.
- Collectively, the Hawks shot 7-of-13 from downtown.
FOR THE GREEN TERROR OF MCDANIEL
- McDaniel sophomore guard Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md. / Washington Academy) led the Green Terror with 16 points and four rebounds.
- Senior guard Caleb Johnson (Triangle, Va. / Gar-Field) added 15 points.
- Down by eight in the second half, the Hawks rallied back with back to back threes by Chester and Carr. With 8:27 to go, Becker junior forward Guney Kilitcioglu (Istanbul, Turkey / The Koc School) tied it at 45-45 with a pair of free throws. Up by one with 1:15 left, Carr hit a big layup to give the Hawks breathing room, and they would hold on for the win.
The Hawks play the host Mustangs of Stevenson University on Saturday 4:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics