WORCESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College men's basketball team lost 79-68 at Worcester State University on Monday evening at the John P. Brissette Court in Worcester.
January 6, 2020
John P. Brissette Court, Worcester, Mass.
Score: Worcester State 79, Becker 69
Records: The Lancers of Worcester State 4-8| The Hawks of Becker 7-6
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Junior forward Mateus Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil / Colegio Pedroso e Oliveira) led the Hawks with 17 points, eight rebounds and two assists.
- Sophomore guard Mekhi Chester (East Orange, N.J. / East Orange Campus) finished with 12 points.
- Junior forward Guney Kilitcioglu (Istanbul, Turkey / The Koc School) had nine points with three rebounds.
- Junior guard Marquis Hawkins (Hartford, Conn. / Aerospace and Engineering) made a strong showing in just his first game of the season, scoring eight points on four-of-five shooting in just eight minutes.
FOR THE LANCERS OF WORCESTER STATE
- Senior guard Tyler Dion (Barre, Mass. / Wachusett Health Education) scored 23 points including five-of-ten from behind the arc to lead the Lancers.
- Junior guard Chris Cardoso (Jamaica Plain, Mass. / Natick) finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Becker led 38-32 at the half, only to watch host Worcester State open the second period on a 17-3 run. The Hawks trailed by as much as 14, and were unable to cut it down to less than eight.
The Hawks are back on the court on Wednesday when they travel to Eastern Nazarene College for a 7:00 p.m. game in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics