LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College men's basketball team lost 76-71 to visiting Dean College on Saturday in a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup at the Leicester Gymnasium on the campus of Becker College in Leicester.
January 11, 2020
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester, Mass.
Score: Dean 76, Becker 71
Records: The Bulldogs of Dean 4-10, 1-1 NECC | The Hawks of Becker 7-8, 0-2 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker junior forward Mateus Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil / Colegio Pedroso e Oliveira) scored a team-high 21 points to lead the Hawks, to go along with eight rebounds, six assists, two steals and one block. Ribeiro went the distance, playing all 40 minutes.
- Junior forward Guney Kilitcioglu (Istanbul, Turkey / The Koc School) contributed 13 points and five rebounds, shooting six-of-six from the free throw line.
- Junior forward Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Penn. / Universal Audenried) filled the stat-line with ten points, eight rebounds, six assists and two blocks.
- Sophomore guard Jordan Rose-Wheatley (New Bedford, Mass. / Bridgton Academy) added ten points and five rebounds, shooting five-of-eight from the floor.
- Freshman guard Jamal Grant (Amelia, Va. / Amelia Academy) finished with 10 points in 11 minutes off the bench.
FOR THE BULLDOGS OF DEAN
- Dean senior guard Jordan Booker (Waterbury, Conn. / Crosby) led all scorers with 26 points, six assists, seven rrebounds and two steals.
- Senior guard D'caran Anderson (Compton, Calif. / Warren) tallied 18 points, three rebounds and two blocks.
- Junior forward Jordan Lynch-Rexroth (Harrisburg, Pa. / Susquehanna Township) had a monster game inside with 14 points and a game-high 14 boards.
- The Bulldogs outshot the Hawks from behind the arc, 33 percent (9 of 27) to 6.7 percent (1 of 15).
- Becker led throughout the first half, going into the break with a 38-35 lead. They ran their advantage to as much as ten in the second half, and were up 66-56 with 7:25 to go in the game after two free throws by Grant. Dean would answer with an 11-2 run to pull to within one, capped off with a layup from Booker with 4:06 remaining. Dean finally took the lead with 1:02 to go off a three-pointer from junior guard Kevin Clark (Miami Gardens, Fla. / Coral Springs Christian). Becker's next possession resulted in a turnover and junior forward Joel Jones (Fayetteville, N.C. / Pine Forest) made a layup. A three by the Hawks with less than a second left fell well-short, and Becker was forced to foul.
The Hawks are back on the court on Wednesday when they host Mitchell College at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics