CHICOPEE, Mass. --- The Becker College men's basketball team rallied to a 72-67 victory at Elms College in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action on Wednesday evening at Picknelly Arena in Chicopee, Massachusetts.
January 22, 2020
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester, Mass.
Score: Becker 72, Elms 67
Records: The Hawks of Becker 9-8, 2-2 NECC | The Blazers of Elms 5-12, 1-3 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker junior forward Guney Kilitcioglu (Istanbul, Turkey / The Koc School) led the Hawks with his best game of the season, scoring 17 points on six-of-nine shooting and pulling down a career-high 11 rebounds to go along with three assists and a block.
- Sophomore guard Jordan Rose-Wheatley (New Bedford, Mass. / Bridgton Academy) finished with 14 points on six-of-ten shooting, adding three rebounds.
- Junior forward Marquis Hawkins (Hartford, Conn. / Aerospace and Engineering) scored 11 points while pulling down eight rebounds in just 16 minutes off the bench.
- Junior forward Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Penn. / Universal Audenried) finished with nine points and eight rebounds.
- Freshman guard Elijah Drummond (Hartford, Conn. / Hartford) came off the bench and scored eight points with three rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- The Hawks enjoyed a 47.5 percent to 39.7 percent advantage in field goal shooting.
FOR THE BLAZERS OF ELMS
- Elms junior guard D.J. Edelen (Prince George, Va. / King George) led all scorers with 23 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior forward Nikolas Brown (Wellington, Fla. / Wellington) finished the night with 15 points and seven boards.
- Sophomore guard Kewan Smoot (Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) added nine points and five rebounds.
- Sophomore guard David Lopez Jr. (Willimantic, Conn. / Lyman Memorial) finished with eight points and four assists.
- Down by ten at 51-41 with 13 minutes remaining in the game, the Hawks exploded with a 13-0 run to surge into the lead, capped off with a three-pointer from freshman guard Jamal Grant (Amelia, Va. / Amelia Academy) with 9:52 to go. Elms would later tie it up at 59-59 off two free throws by Brown with 5:59 left, but Kilitcioglu buried a layup with 38 seconds to go to seal it.
The Hawks are back on the court on Saturday when they host New England College in a showdown of New England Collegiate Conference rivals with the tip-off coming at 3:00 p.m. The Blazers are also back in action on Saturday when they travel to Mitchell College in a 1:00 p.m. game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics