SALEM, Mass. – The Becker College men's lacrosse team was defeated by the Vikings of Salem State 13-2 in a Tuesday evening non-conference match
March 26, 2019
Score: Salem State 13, Becker 2
Records: Salem State (2-4) | Becker (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Becker was the first to score 1:42 into the game on an unassisted goal from Jack Schneider (Morrisville, Vt.). However, Salem State responded with five consecutive goals, led by Nick Quirk (Fitchburg, Mass.) who had two tallies, in the first quarter to hold a 5-1 edge at the end of one.
- Salem State tacked on four additional goals in the second quarter, led by Kevin Albert (Canton, Mass.) who had two and assisted another. The Vikings led 9-1 heading into the half.
- Salem State's Tyler Morris (Billerica, Mass.) was the first to score in the second half, and then he assisted a man-up Quirk goal to put Salem ahead 11-1. Becker's Tyler Forest (Simi Valley, Calif.) broke the Vikings' 11-0 run midway through the third quarter when he received a pass from Lewis Jaworski (Cambridge, Mass.) for the second Hawk goal of the game. Quirk scored his fourth goal of the game minutes later, and the Vikings led 12-2 at the end of the third quarter.
- Anthony Dalbon (Ashburnham, Mass.) put in an additional goal for Salem State in the fourth quarter, to finalize the score at 13-2.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Becker's Schneider and Forest each had one goal in the setback.
- Jaworksi recorded the Hawks' lone assist.
- Jaworski, Cameron Sangster (Columbus, Ohio) and Ryan Clifford (Coventry, R.I.) each had two ground balls.
- Mitchell Wilkins (Uxbridge, Mass.) caused a team-high two turnovers.
- Daniel Whittenburg (Eastford, Conn.) took the loss in net, making a career-high 30 saves in 60 minutes played.
- The Hawks had a season-high 21 clears in the setback.
FOR THE VIKINGS
- Salem State held a 56-13 edge in shots.
- The Vikings won 15-of-18 faceoffs with Kyle Henry (Attleboro, Mass.) winning all 15 for Salem State. He also had a game-high 12 ground balls.
- Quirk led the attack with four goals and two assists.
- Albert had three goals and one assist.
- Morris was the team-leader in assists with three. He also had two tallies himself.
- Stephen Balcher (Townsend, Mass.) earned the win in net, stopping 4-of-6 shots on net.
The Hawks open up conference play on Saturday (Mar. 30) and will entertain Dean in a 1 p.m. match at Alumni Field.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS