NASHUA, N.H. – Raiders sophomore Nick Ackerman (Durham, N.H.) scored a game-high five goals and was one of four Rivier players to record a hat trick, as the Rivier Raiders defeated the Becker Hawks 18-2 on Saturday afternoon.
March 7, 2020
Joanne Merrill Field
Score: Rivier 18 – Becker 2
Records: The Becker College Hawks 0-3 | The Rivier University Raiders 2-2
Ackerman and the Raiders were on the board 46 seconds into the game giving Rivier a 1-0 lead. Ackerman's goal was the first of eight goals for Rivier in the opening quarter, including a first quarter hat trick for Ackerman.
Hawks junior Matt Guerin (East Longmeadow, Mass.) capped off the scoring in the first quarter, beating the clock with seven seconds remaining as the Raiders led 8-1 after the first quarter.
Rivier scored six more times in the second quarter, including a pair of goals for Ackerman, giving the Raiders a 14-1 lead at halftime.
The Raiders scored twice each in the third and fourth quarters while Guerin scored once more for the Hawks in an 18-2 Rivier win.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Guerin scored twice for the Hawks giving him three goals on the season.
- Senior Jack Schneider (Morrisville, Vt.) finished with an assist.
- Sophomore Daniel Whittenburg (Eastford, Conn.) made 11 saves in his first start of the season, failing to 0-1 this year.
FOR THE RAIDERS
- Freshman Jeff Potter (North Bennington, Vt.) scored four goals while sophomore Corey Hicks (Londonderry, N.H.) and junior Jacob Enwright (Dracut, Mass.) each had three goals.
- Senior Kyle Newman (Merrimack, N.H.) and Enwright finished with three assists each. Hicks and Ackerman each had two helpers.
- Junior Ben Fitzpatrick (Stoneham, Mass.) improved to 2-2 with the win, making four saves in just over 34 minutes.
The Hawks are back in action on Tuesday with a trip to MCLA at 4:00 p.m. The Raiders return to play on Wednesday against Northern Vermont at Lyndon State at 3:30 p.m.