DUDLEY, Mass. – In the final game of the abbreviated season for men's soccer, sophomore Chris Antonelli (Commack, N.Y.) sent the Hawks home with one final win, scoring in double overtime, as the Hawks defeated the Nichols Bison 1-0 on Friday night.
April 23, 2021
Score: Becker 1 – Nichols 0 (Final / 2OT)
Records: The Becker College Hawks 3-2-1 | The Nichols College Bison 0-2-0
In the 108th minute, a foul called on the Bison gave the Hawks a free kick in a threatening area in the offensive third of the field.
From outside the penalty area, near the top right corner, Hawks freshman Ryan Baghdassarian (Commack, N.Y.) sent in a cross toward the near post of the Bison goal.
The right-footed cross, bending away from the goal, was flicked on by Antonelli toward the near post and froze the Bison goalie, freshman Maxwell Azmat (Jefferson, Mass.), as the header found the top-right corner of the goal for the overtime game-winner.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Antonelli's goal is his first of the season and second of his career. The game-winner is the first of his career.
- Baghdassarian's assist was his second of the season as he accounted for the only two assists for the Hawks in 2021.
- Freshman Luke Speers (Collegeville, Pa.) finished with six saves on the night, improving to 3-2-1.
- The Hawks finished the season on a three-game winning streak, outscoring opponents 4-0 in the wins.
FOR THE BISON
- Senior Nick Cancellaro (Watertown, Mass.) and sophomore Nikolas Padilla (Worcester, Mass.) each finished with two shots on goal.
- Azmat made four saves in his first career start, falling to 0-1-0 in the loss.