LEICESTER, Mass. – Becker College's Ciara McKissick (Charlton, Mass.) recorded her second-career triple-double to help the Hawks defeat the Bulldogs of Dean College 73-53 in Tuesday evening New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action.
January 10, 2019
Score: Becker 73, Dean 53
Records: Becker (8-5, 5-1 NECC) | Dean (4-9, 2-4 NECC)
FOR THE HAWKS
- McKissick's triple-double consisted of 18 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists. She also logged two steals and two blocks in the win.
- Adrianna Dowdy (East Haven, Conn.) recorded a double-double of 17 points - going 8-for-9 (88.9%) from the field - and 11 rebounds. She also picked up three assists, two steals and one block.
- Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass.) notched a game-high 19 points and recorded three assists, and three steals.
- Both Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I.) and Katey Anderson (Beachwood, N.J.) chipped in six points for Becker.
- Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass.) had a game-high three blocks.
- Overall, Becker shot 53.7% from the floor and 75% from the free-throw line.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Dean was led by Iindia Pina (Carver, Mass.) who collected team highs in both points (18) and rebounds (9). She also finished the night with four steals and two assists.
- Jamaya Cleveland (Greensboro, Ga.) had 10 points for the visitors.
- Amanda Miressi (New Rochelle, N.Y.) recorded a team-high four assists in the setback.
- Nicole Romero (Winchendon, Mass.) made three baskets and made a free throw for seven points.
- Dean struggled from the floor, making just 21-71 (26.6%) baskets from the floor.
- The Bulldogs outrebounded Becker 45-41.
- Becker got off to a quick 9-0 lead on buckets from Harrison and Dowdy. However, Dean responded with a 10-2 run capped off by a Romero layup to cut the hosts lead to just one. The Bulldogs tied the game at 13-13 on a Pina layup with 1:47 to go in the first, and they took their first lead of the game less than a minute later when Allison Buckley (Guilford, Vt.) drained a pair of free throws. Dean held a 17-15 lead heading into the second quarter.
- After back-and-forth play to start the second, Becker took back the lead and went on a 7-0 run, featuring a triple from Anderson, to force Dean a timeout with 6:59 left in the second quarter. Becker kept scoring and saw as big as a 14-point lead with 4:22 remaining in the second succeeding another Anderson three-pointer. Dean edged its way back into the game with an 8-0 run, but Becker kept ahead and led 38-32 at the half.
- The third quarter proved to be Becker's as they outscored the Bulldogs 23-12. The Hawks offense featured two 7-0 runs in the first six minutes of the frame, and saw two and-one opportunities from Dowdy and McKissick in the last four minutes of the quarter.
- Becker held off their opponents in the final frame, and finished the evening with a 73-53 final score, in favor of the Hawks.
- This marks Becker's first-ever win over Dean. The Hawks are now 1-2 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- This marks McKissic's second-career triple double. She previously had one on Jan. 2, 2018 against Mount Ida (12 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists).
Becker hits the road this Saturday (Jan. 12) and will tipoff against Bay Path at 1 p.m. Dean returns home and hosts Elms College at 12 noon.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS