LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's basketball team won 55-45 over visiting Southern Vermont College in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) play on Tuesday night at the Leicester Gymnasium on the Becker campus in Leicester.
January 15, 2019
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester
Score: Becker 55, Southern Vermont 45
Records: Becker: 10-5, 7-1 NECC | Southern Vermont: 4-11, 2-6 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS
• The Hawks were led by senior forwards Adrianna Dowdy (East Haven, Conn. / Hill Regional Career) and Ciara McKissick (Charlton, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional). The team captains each posted a double-doubled on the night, with Dowdy leading the way with 21 points and 16 rebounds, all while shooting 9-of-13 from the floor. McKissick, coming winning Becker Athlete of the Week this past week, filled the stat line with 16 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, two steals and one block.
• Junior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) overcame a slow start to score 10 points with four rebounds and three steals.
• Junior guard Kelsey Maynard (Millville, Mass. / Tri-County Vocational) went for eight points off the bench.
• Becker held an overall 45-35 advantage in rebounding for the night.
FOR THE MOUNTAINEERS
• Freshman guard Liv Pressley (Richmondville, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) led Southern Vermont with 17 points, shooting four-of-seven from behind the arc.
• Senior guard Maddy Main (Bennington, Vt. / Mount Anthony Union) posted a team-best 13 rebounds with nine points, five assists and two steals.
• Sophomore forward Brenna Hudson (Malone, N.Y./Franklin Academy) added eight points.
• Becker built a lead throughout the second quarter, leading by as much as ten late in the first half off a pair of free throws by Maynard. The Hawks went into the break leading 25-17.
• In the second half, the Mountaineers pulled to within eight with 8:45 to go in the game. The Hawks answered, however, with a 7-0 run capped off with steal and a fast-break layup by Maynard that resulted in a three-point play with 5:58 to go and Becker leading 47-32.
• Becker was held without a three-pointer for only the second time this season, going 0-of-19 from behind the arc.
The Hawks are back on the court on Thursday when they host the Mariners of Mitchell College in a pivotal NECC contest with first place in the conference standings on the line. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. The Mountaineers, meanwhile, will be hosting Elms College on Thursday at 1:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics