LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's basketball team were edged 66-65 against Clark University in the consolation game of the 2019 Worcester City Tournament on Sunday at the John P. Brissette Court on the campus of Worcester State University in Worcester.
November 10, 2019
John P. Brissette Court, Worcester, Mass.
Score: Clark 66, Becker 65
Records: The Cougars of Clark 1-1 | The Hawks of Becker 0-2
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) led the Hawks with 22 points, burying five three-pointers.
- Freshman forward Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va. / WT Woodson) continued her brilliant rookie campaign, posting a double-double with 13 points and a game-high 18 rebounds to go along with three assists, two blocks and a steal. Pacheco shot five-of-eight from the floor. For her performance over the two days of the event, Pacheco was named to the All-Tournament Team.
- Senior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) contributed 12 points while pulling down five boards.
- Junior guard Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I. / St. Mary Academy Bay View) was a demon on the defensive end, tallying six steals to go along with ten points, six assists and two rebounds.
- Junior forward Julia Campellone (Bellingham, Mass. / Bellingham) chipped in four points and five rebounds.
- The Hawks forced the Cougars into 32 turnovers on the night.
FOR THE COUGARS OF CLARK
- Clark sophomore guard Emily Sifferlen (North Andover, Mass. / North Andover) led the Cougars with 21 points, seven rebounds and four steals.
- Sophomore forward Hallie Johnson (Princeton, Mass / Wachusett Regional) finished with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
- Junior forward Hannah Favaloro (Blackstone, Mass. / Douglas) pulled down 11 boards and scored eight points.
- The Cougars took a 66-59 lead with 1:07 to go off a layup, but Becker would not go down easily. Contreras buried a three to pull the Hawks to within four, and then after a Clark turnover, Harrison buried a three with seven seconds left to pull them to within one. Becker forced a turnover with one second left, but couldn't get a shot off.
The Hawks are back on the court on Tuesday when they host Anna Maria College in a 6:00 p.m. game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics