LEICESTER, Mass. – The Becker College women's basketball team fell to Mitchell 64-44 in a Tuesday evening New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup, as the Mariners pulled ahead early and maintained the lead to seize the win.
January 7, 2020
Score: Mitchel 64, Becker 44
Records: Mitchell (5-7, 1-1 NECC) | Becker (3-9, 2-1 NECC)
FOR THE HAWKS
- Senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass.) put up a game-high 23 points, going 4-for-11 from three-point range. She also logged a game-high five steals in the setback.
- Freshman forward Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va.) was the game-leader with 12 rebounds (10 defensive, two offensive).
- Off the bench, Riley Berry (Margate, Fla.) totaled five points on three field goals, including a triple.
- Tarra Coppinger (South Yarmouth, Mass.) went 2-for-2 from the field and finished the game with four points and three rebounds.
- Collectively, Becker shot 25.5 percent from the field, and 27.3 percent from three-point range.
FOR THE MARINERS
- Amina Wiley (New Rochelle, N.Y.) logged a double-double of 19 points and 11 rebounds. She shot 8-for-9 from the floor and 3-for-5 from the charity stripe.
- Sam McKenna (Millbrook, N.Y.) put up 13 points, going 3-for-6 from beyond the arc.
- Kelsey Hernandez (New Britain, Conn.) registered eight points for the Mariners and recorded two assists and three steals on the night. She also had six boards for Mitchell.
- Le'Sandra Turner (New Rochelle, N.Y.) had a game-high five steals, assisted three shots, and recorded five points.
- The Mariners shot 44.2 percent from the field (23-52) and outrebounded the Hawks 42-33.
The Mariners got ahead early, as they set the tone of the game in the first quarter. Mitchell had seven unanswered points until Becker's Harrison put up a three midway through the first. The Mariners did not allow the Hawks another basket in the first, holding a 17-3 lead heading into the second quarter. Mitchell held their distance, and did not allow the Hawks to get within 10 points throughout the remainder of the game.
Both teams will be back in action on Saturday for another NECC contest. Becker will travel to Eastern Nazarene, while Mitchell will return home and play host to Elms College.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS