LEICESTER, Mass. – Hawks sophomore Riley Berry (Margate, Fla.) scored a career-high 21 points on 8-of-13 shooting, one of two Hawks with at least 20 points on the afternoon as the Becker Hawks defeated the Dean Bulldogs, 73-55, on Saturday in New England Collegiate Conference play.
January 18, 2020
Score: Becker 73 – Dean 55
Records: The Becker College Hawks 4-10 (3-2 NECC) | The Dean College Bulldogs 3-10 (2-3 NECC)
Becker opened the game on a 7-1 scoring run, leading wire-to-wire in the 18-point victory.
Early in the second quarter, the Bulldogs cut the deficit to four, but a Becker 10-0 run over 3:25 at the end of the first half gave the Hawks a comfortable advantage at halftime, as Becker led 35-22 after the opening half.
Dean closed to within 10 early in the second half, but the Hawks offense couldn't be stopped, going on an 11-0 run to stretch their lead to 47-26.
Becker led by as many 24 in the second half with the help of 29 made field goals on the afternoon, the second-most makes for the Hawks this season. Becker went 10-for-27 from beyond the arc, a season-best for makes from the perimeter.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Berry needed just 26 minutes, coming off the bench in her career-high 21-point outing. She finished 5-of-9 from three-point land.
- Senior Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass.) matched the team-high with 21 points while adding a season-high nine steals.
- As a team, the Hawks finished with 26 assists on 29 made baskets (89.7 percent).
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Not to be outdone, freshman Alexah Potter (East Hartford, Conn.) went for a career-high 31 points and 25 rebounds. It's Potter's second game of the season with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds.
- Sophomore Mikayla Rudder (Springfield, Mass.) added 17 points, nine rebounds, and eight assists.
The Hawks and Bulldogs both carry on with NECC play next week. Becker welcomes Elms to Leicester Gym on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. Dean hosts Eastern Nazarene on Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at Pieri Gym.