HENNIKER, N.H. --- Becker senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) became just the second Hawk to reach 1500 career points as the Becker College women's basketball team lost 65-61 at New England College on Thursday evening in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) play at the Bridges Gymnasium in Henniker, New Hampshire. The game was a rematch of last year's NECC Championship final.
January 23, 2020
Bridges Gymnasium in Henniker, N.H.
Score: New England College 65, Becker 61
Records: The Pilgrims of New England College 13-4, 6-1 NECC | The Hawks of Becker 5-11, 4-3 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Harrison led the Hawks with 32 points, shooting 10-of-17 from the floor and matching a career-high in scoring. Her 17 points in the first half gave her exactly 1500 for her career, as she finished her night at 1515. She reached the milestone on a two-point jumper with 6:06 to go in the second quarter. Harrison is second only to former Becker great Beth Pion (Class of 2009) on the Hawks' all-time scoring list.
- Freshman forward Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va. / WT Woodson) pulled down 12 rebounds while dishing out four assists and scoring six points.
- Senior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) finished with 10 points and three rebounds.
- Sophomore guard Riley Berry (Margate, Fla. / Piper) came off the bench to tally five steals on the night.
- The Hawks enjoyed a 41.7 percent to 27.3 percent advantage in three-point shooting.
FOR THE PILGRIMS OF NEC
- NEC senior forward Daleia Boutwell (Dorchester, Mass. / Lexington) led the Pilgrims with 18 points and five rebounds.
- Sophomore forward Brianna Pierreval (Boynton Beach, Fla. / West Boca) posted a double-double with 13 points and ten rebounds.
- Senior guard Rene Hudson (Gallatin, Tenn. / Gallatin) scored ten points and dished out eight assists.
- Sophomore forward Kayla Goldring (So. Hollywood, Md. / Leonardtown) finished with seven points and eight boards.
- Becker trailed 51-50 entering the fourth quarter, and were tied with 5:24 to go at 56-56 off a layup from Harrison. But a 9-1 run by NEC effectively put the game away.
The Hawks will be back on the court on Saturday when they host Bay Path University in another NECC contest, that tipping off at 1:00 p.m. The Pilgrims host Dean College on Saturday, that also coming at 1:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics