LEICESTER, Mass. – Hawks senior Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass.) scored a team-high 24 points as Becker controlled the play on Saturday afternoon in their 78-49 victory over Bay Path in New England Collegiate Conference play.
January 25, 2020
Score: Becker 78 – Bay Path 49
Records: The Becker College Hawks 6-11 (5-3 NECC) | The Bay Path University Wildcats 2-13 (1-6 NECC)
The Hawks were out of the gate early in the first quarter, scoring the game's first 13 points in the opening 4:52 of the quarter. Senior Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass.) led Becker in scoring in that 13-0 run, scoring five points on 2-for-2 shooting.
Becker stretched their lead to 25-8 by the end of the first quarter. The Hawks 25 points were a season-high for a quarter.
The Hawks continued to score in the second quarter, finishing the half on a 12-0 run to lead by 32 at the half, 45-13. Harrison led the Hawks with 12 points in the half while Wildcats junior Emmeline Bronson (Shelton, Conn.) led all players having scored all of Bay Path's 13 first half points.
Despite the Wildcats scoring 18 in the third quarter, the Hawks opened up their lead to as high as 45 at one point, as they claimed their third win in four games with the 78-49 victory.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Harrison shot 11-of-24 in 30 minutes for her team-high 24 points. She also added six rebounds, five assists, and four steals.
- Sophomore Riley Berry (Margate, Fla.) scored 17 points in 19 minutes off the bench.
- Freshman Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va.) matched a career-high with 19 rebounds while scoring six points.
- Becker's 78 points are a season-high for the Hawks and the most points they have scored since a 78-72 win against Mount Ida on Jan. 2, 2018.
FOR THE WILDCATS
- Freshman Heaven Rodriquez (New Britain, Conn.) scored a career-high 25 points on 9-of-29 shooting. Rodriquez added six assists and six steals in 40 minutes.
- Bronson finished with 24 points, six rebounds, and five assists, also in a full 40 minutes.
- Rodriquez and Bronson combined for all 49 of the Wildcats points.
The Hawks return to play with their toughest test to date, welcoming the No. 2 team in Division III, the Bowdoin Bears to Leicester Gym on Monday night at 7:00 p.m. Bay Path carries on with NECC play on Tuesday, traveling to Mitchell for a 6:30 p.m. tip.