CHICOPEE, Mass. --- Becker senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) became the school's all-time scoring leader as the Becker College women's basketball team prevailed 68-63 at Elms College in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action on Tuesday evening at Picknelly Arena in Chicopee, Massachusetts.
February 11, 2020
Picknelly Arena, Chicopee, Mass.
Score: Becker 68, Elms 63
Records: The Hawks of Becker 9-13, 7-4 NECC | The Blazers of Elms 8-14, 4-7 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Harrison tied the mark of former Becker great Beth Pion (Class of 2009) with 1625 career points off a two-point shot just 4:05 into the third quarter to give herself 20 points for the game. Moments later, with 4:03 to go in the quarter, Harrison scored off a layup to pass Pion's record. The senior team captain finished the game with 27 points, shooting 9-of-18 from the floor and 3-of-8 from behind the arc. Harrison, who came into the game with 1605 career points, finished her night atop the list at 1632 career points.
- Becker freshman forward Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va. / WT Woodson) continued her stellar rookie campaign, scoring 16 points and pulling down 15 rebounds while dishing out five assists and tallying five steals. Pacheco shot 5-of-7 from the floor.
- Junior guard Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I. / St. Mary Academy Bay View) finished with 12 points, two assists and two steals.
- Senior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) filled the stat line with eight points, four rebounds, four assists, three blocks and two steals.
- The Hawks collectively shot 16-of-18 from the free throw line for 88.9 percent.
FOR THE BLAZERS OF ELMS
- Elms junior guard Regina LeBlanc (Enfield, Conn. / Enfield) led the Blazers with 15 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
- Junior forward Waleska Kelly (Central Falls, RI / Davies Tech) finished with 12 points and four steals.
- Tied at 59-59 with four minutes left in the game, Becker took at one point lead off a free throw from Pacheco. Forty seconds later, it would be the rookie scoring off a layup to put the Hawks up 62-59. Clinging to a one-point lead, Becker senior guard Kelsey Maynard (Millville, Mass. / Tri-County Vocational) buried a three-pointer with 2:09 to go to put the Hawks ahead for good. Harrison and Pacheco made their free throws down the stretch to put the game away.
The Hawks are back on the court on Saturday when they travel to Dean College for a 12:00 p.m. game against the Bulldogs.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics