LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's basketball team concluded their regular season with a 61-43 Senior Day win over visiting Lesley University on Saturday afternoon in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action at the Leicester Gymnasium on the campus of Becker College in Leicester.
February 22, 2020
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester, Mass.
Score: Becker 61, Lesley 43
Records: The Hawks of Becker 11-14, 9-5 NECC | The Lynx of Lesley 1-17, 1-13 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Playing in the final regular season game of her storied career, Becker senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) led the Hawks with 23 points, eight steals, four rebounds and four assists, all while shooting four-of-seven from behind the arc. With her first steal of the game with 5:42 left in the first quarter, Harrison, who already held the school record in career steals, became the first Hawk ever to reach 300 steals in a career. As of press time, Harrison was second in the NCAA among all active players in career steals.
- Senior forward Julia Campellone (Bellingham, Mass. / Bellingham) had one of her best games as a Hawk, scoring six points with nine rebounds and five steals.
- Freshman forward Tarra Coppinger (South Yarmouth, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth) came off the bench to tally six points with eight boards and three blocks.
- Senior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) filled the stat-line in her final regular season game, with four points, six rebounds, four assists, two blocks and a steal.
- Junior guard Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I. / St. Mary Academy Bay View) scored seven points off the bench with two assists and two steals.
- Senior guard Kelsey Maynard (Millville, Mass. / Tri-County Vocational) added six points while pulling down three boards, dishing out three assists and coming away with two steals.
- Senior guard Cassandra Nelson (Exeter, N.H. / Exeter) chipped in five points.
FOR THE LYNX OF LESLEY
- Lesley freshman shooting guard Sydnie Drezek (Seymour, CT / Seymour) led all scorers with 25 points, shooting fifty percent from the floor.
- Senior forward Dakota Jones (Torrance, CA / West) posted a double-double with 14 points and a game-high 22 rebounds.
- Prior to the game, the Becker College athletics department and the women's basketball program recognized the outstanding senior class of this year's team as part as Senior Day. Harrison, Ware, Campellone, Maynard and Nelson were honored by coaches, family members and fans for their remarkable accomplishments with the Hawks. Each of these five young women were part of the 2018 NECC Championship team, and have made incredible contributions not only on the court but for the entire Becker community as a whole. Although their playing careers may be coming to an end, they will forever be part of the Hawks family.
The Hawks will host the first round of the NECC playoffs on Tuesday evening with a projected start time of 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics