WORCESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's ice hockey team tied the visiting team from Johnson and Wales University, 2-2, on Saturday night at the Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center in Worcester.
November 24, 2018
Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center, Worcester
Score: Becker 2, Johnson & Wales 2
Records: Johnson & Wales (1-6-2) | Becker (0-6-2)
BY THE NUMBERS
• Becker scored first with 5:13 remaining in the first period, as senior forward Bailey Coons (Casper, Wyo. / Team Wyoming) fought through a cluster of players in front of the JWU net while on a power play, shooting into the upper-left corner to put the Hawks ahead 1-0. Assists went to senior forward Michaela Martin (Sheldon, Vt. / Vermont Shamrocks) and senior forward Rachel Pitcher (Grand Isle, Vt. / Vermont Shamrocks).
• That remained the score with 12:01 remaining in the third period when Martin scored off a put-back on a power play.
• With a 2-0 lead, the Hawks appeared to be in control. But with 8:23 left in the third, JWU junior forward Kathryn Mason (Grafton, Mass. / Minutemen Lady Flames) launched a shot that went over the Becker goalie's shoulder for a goal, cutting the lead to 2-1.
• The Wildcats capitalized on a late power play when senior defender Victoria Perez (Livonia, Mich. / Detroit Compuware) snuck past the keeper's left side, tying it up at 2-2.
• A five minute overtime saw Johnson & Wales continue to use their momentum, outshooting Becker 6-2. Neither team were able to score, however.
• JWU freshman goalie Jasmine Mucci (Arlington, Mass.) finished with 23 saves.
• Becker senior goalkeeper Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo. / Walpole Express) totaled 50 saves.
The Hawks and Wildcats have a quick turnaround, as Becker travels to JWU tomorrow for a 4:05 p.m. game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics