CHICOPEE, Mass. – The Hawks of Becker College were shutout by the Blazers of Elms College in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action Saturday afternoon at Leary Field.
September 29, 2018
Score: Elms 2, Becker 0
Records: Elms (6-3-1, 2-1-0 NECC) | Becker (5-3-2, 1-1-1 NECC)
Alizaya Clark (Springfield, Mass.) put the Blazers on the board in the 11th minute and Madison Bernard (Chicopee, Mass.) picked up the assist to give Elms a 1-0 tilt. Neither team was able to capitalize in the remaining 34 minutes of the half, which led to a slim lead for the Blazers heading into the second half.
Reilly Jodoin (South Hadley, Mass.) added an insurance goal for the Blazers in the 53rd minute. Despite the Hawks outshooting the Blazers 4-3 in the second frame, Becker was not able to catch up which resulted in the conference loss.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Elms goalkeeper Rebecca Molin (West Hartford, Conn.) made four saves to preserve the clean sheet.
- Each team finished with four shots on goal.
- Lindsey Keith (Sutton, Mass.) fired a team-high three shots, all on-goal for the Hawks, who out-shot the Blazers 7-6 in the contest.
- Becker goalkeepers Jordyn Martel (Chicopee, Mass.) and Lyndsey Cobb-Wilkins (Elmira, N.Y.) each made one save and Cobb-Wilkins gave up both goals.
- Each team finished with five corner kicks.
Becker returns home on Tuesday (Oct. 2) when they will entertain UMass Dartmouth in a 6 p.m. game at Alumni Field. The game is a Breast Cancer Awareness/PINK game, and the team will be collecting donations for the fight against breast cancer.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Portions of this Release Courtesy of Elms Sports Information