HENNIKER, N.H. --- The Becker College women's volleyball team lost in four sets at New England College on Saturday afternoon in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action in a match played at the Bridges Gymnasium in Henniker, New Hampshire. Set scores were 25-19, 19-25, 25-23, 25-13 in favor of the host Pilgrims.
September 28, 2019
Bridges Gymnasium, Henniker, New Hampshire
Score: NEC 3, Becker 1 (25-19, 19-25, 25-23, 25-13)
Records: The Pilgrims of NEC 7-8, 2-0 NECC | The Hawks of Becker 5-9, 0-1 NECC
FOR THE HAWKS
- Becker freshman outside hitter Teddie Flynn (Amesbury, Mass. / Essex Tech) exploded for 13 kills and 13 digs on the day, cementing her status as one of the best rookies in the conference this season.
- Senior right side Morgan Gould (North Attleboro, Mass. / Tri-County) returned to the starting lineup, hitting a match-high .412 with three service aces and ten digs.
- Sophomore setter Jenna Savoie (Charlton, Mass. / Shepard Hill) setup the offense with 27 set assists to go along with eight digs.
- Sophomore libero Joanna Bampi (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veterans) tallied a team-high 17 digs.
FOR THE PILGRIMS
- Tihani Ehia lead the way for the Pilgrims both offensively with 15 kills and defensively with 14 digs.
- Shirita Wimberly paced New England College with five aces on the day. This is the third time this season and the second straight match with five service aces.
- Jaycie Kodama led NEC as she tied a career-high with 21 digs.
- Maggie Dadmun and Riane Heyen both recorded 15+ assists on the day, with 23 and 15 respectively.
The Hawks are back on the court on Tuesday when they travel to Suffolk University for a 7:00 p.m. match.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics