NEW LONDON, Conn. --- The Becker College women's volleyball team saw their 2019 season come to an end on Tuesday evening with a three-set loss at fourth-seeded Mitchell College in the quarterfinals of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Championship Tournament in New London, Connecticut.
November 5, 2019
Yarnall Athletic Center, New London, Conn.
Score: Mitchell 3, Becker 0 (25-13, 25-18, 25-19)
Records: The Mariners of Mitchell 14-11 | The Hawks of Becker 10-16
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker junior outside hitter Emily Peterman (Vancouver, Wash. / Home Schooled) led the Hawks attack with six kills and a team-high .211 hitting percentage.
- Becker freshman outside hitter Teddie Flynn (Amesbury, Mass. / Essex Tech) finished with five kills and digs on the night. With 177 kills on the season, Flynn finishes her rookie campaign with the most kills by a Becker first-year player in a season since Kayla Dupree in 2015.
- Becker senior defensive specialist Olivia McGuinness (Colchester, Conn. / Bacon Academy) led the defensive effort for the Hawks with 20 digs over three sets to conclude her career at Becker.
- Becker senior outside hitter Sofia Cullina (Deep River, Conn. / Valley Regional) turned in a performance of 13 digs. Cullina concludes her career at Becker as the school's all-time career leader in digs with 1309.
- Becker sophomore libero Joanna Bampi (Peabody, Mass. / Peabody Veterans), a two-time NECC All-Conference selection, saw her season come to an end after tallying 14 digs on the night.
- Becker senior middle blocker Gillian Criddle (Earleville, Md. / Bohemia Manor), one of the top middles ever to suit up for the Hawks, finished her career with four kills and a block assist.
Congratulations to the whole Becker team on the conclusion of their season.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics